Announcing the Michigan Workers Comp Law Scholarship open to all 1L, 2L and 3L law students.
Thanksgiving is a great American holiday and our office will be closed today. It’s time to give thanks for all the good things that have happened in the last year. We will be spending time with family, watching the Detroit Lions play football, and eating turkey.
We also want to use today’s blog post to announce our 2015 Michigan Workers Comp Law Scholarship. It is our small way of giving back.
Our $500 scholarship will be awarded to one applicant in 2015. It is open to all 1L, 2L and 3L law students.
Eligibility and selection criteria
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident,
• Be currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law school within the United States,
• Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Selection is based on the overall strength of the applicant’s essay.
Application deadline: June 1, 2015
Applicants must submit the following items:
• A completed application,
• A copy of a current academic transcript with the name of the applicant and law school,
• An essay of not more than 3-4 pages outlining your point of view on how your home state’s current laws impact employees’ legal rights regarding workplace injuries. Do you feel your state’s laws are too strict or too lenient regarding workers’ compensation?
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, please complete the Workers Comp Law Scholarship Application.
All application materials can be sent by e-mail or fax on or before the June 1, 2015 deadline.
Fax to the attention of Jeff Kaufman at 248-539-9322 or email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Michigan Workers Comp Lawyers never charges a fee to evaluate a potential case. Our law firm has represented injured and disabled workers exclusively for more than 35 years. Call (855) 221-2667 for a free consultation today.
Photo courtesy of Creative Commons, by bennthewolfe.Tags: Michigan workers comp lawyers, Workers Comp Law Scholarship