U.S. holiday recognizing contributions made by American workers and how you can get involved this weekend.
Our law firm will be closed on September 5, 2016 to celebrate Labor Day. This federal holiday is scheduled on the first Monday each September and is dedicated to American workers.
Labor Day is considered the unofficial end of summer. It gives people a chance to spend extra time with families enjoying late summer weather.
We hope our blog readers also take a moment to reflect on the social and economic contributions made by American workers. Here are five ways to support American workers this holiday weekend.
1. Get politically active. Send an email to your state representatives asking them to fix our workers’ compensation system. Insurance companies are using “phantom wages” to reduce or stop benefits. We need to end this abusive practice.
2. Organized labor has brought many positive changes. Union advocacy aids all Michigan workers even if they are not members. This can been seen with higher wages and increased safety. Let’s stick up for unions in Michigan.
3. Take some time and learn about workplace safety. MIOSHA offers CET grant money for employers to invest in training and safety equipment. Create a proposal for your employer.
4. Buy American made products and support local businesses. Send a message with your wallet!
5. Speak with friends and family members about workers’ compensation. Explain how medical treatment and/or wage loss benefits were unfairly disputed. Challenge the political spin machine with your truth. Real change only occurs when people stand up for each other!
Michigan Workers Comp Lawyers never charges a fee to evaluate a potential case. Our law firm has represented injured and disabled workers exclusively for more than 35 years. Call (855) 221-2667 for a free consultation today.
Photo courtesy of Creative Commons, by JeepersMedia.Tags: Michigan workers comp lawyers