Our annual quiz tests you on some of the most common questions about workers’ comp in Michigan.
Getting hurt on-the-job can be an overwhelming experience. People find themselves unable to work and in desperate need of medical treatment.
It is common to feel stress and anxiety. We recommend taking a deep breath and finding out your legal rights.
Take our quiz and find out some of the most common questions about workers’ comp. Decide if each statement is true or false. We will provide answers at the end of the quiz.
1. I can seek pain and suffering.
2. My job cannot be taken away.
3. Lost wages are paid at 100% of salary.
4. Nobody can tell me what doctor to use.
5. My family won’t lose their health insurance.
6. Medical treatment cannot be stopped.
7. I do not have to work until 100% recovery.
8. I don’t have to look for other jobs.
9. My case will be decided by a jury.
10. Lawyers take 1/3 of any settlement received.
1. FALSE: Pain and suffering is not an available.
2. FALSE: Your job is not guaranteed.
3. FALSE: Lost wages are equal to 80% of after-tax average weekly wage.
4. FALSE: Employers select doctors for the first 28 days.
5. FALSE: Health insurance can be discontinued.
6. FALSE: Insurance companies can dispute payment of medical treatment at any time.
7. FALSE: You must try light duty if offered by the employer.
8. FALSE: A good-faith job search is required even if you are still technically employed.
9. FALSE: Cases are decided by a state magistrate.
10. FALSE: Fees are 15% of the first $25,000 and 10% on the remainder of a settlement.
Michigan Workers Comp Lawyers never charges a fee to evaluate a potential case. Our law firm has represented injured and disabled workers exclusively for more than 35 years. Call (855) 221-2667 for a free consultation today.
Photo courtesy of Creative Commons, by Horia Varlan.